Pupil Premium and Recovery Premium
What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium grant is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It’s a school-level grant that gives schools extra resources to help them meet challenges, including those arising from deprivation.
It’s allocated for schools to:
- improve the academic outcomes of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities
- close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers across the country
Danetree Primary School Pupil Premium Online Statement
Danetree receives funding for each disadvantaged pupil and uses the funding flexibly, in the best interests of each eligible pupil. GLF leaders draw upon an evidence based approach to apply a ‘tiered’ approach to delivering their pupil premium strategy.
Tier 1: Improving Teaching
- Schools arrange training and professional development for all their staff to improve the impact of teaching and learning for pupils.
Tier 2: Academic support
Schools should decide on the main issues stopping their pupils from succeeding at school and use the pupil premium to buy extra help.
Tier 3: Wider approaches
This may include non-academic use of the pupil premium such as:
- school breakfast clubs
- music lessons for disadvantaged pupils
- help with the cost of educational trips or visits
- speech and language therapy
Schools may find using the pupil premium in this way helps to:
- increase pupils’ confidence and resilience
- encourage pupils to be more aspirational
- benefit non-eligible pupils
Accessing the Pupil Premium funding at Danetree Primary School
Funding is allocated to the school based on an annual basis. It is important that if you think your child is eligible for pupil premium support, you must contact the school office for more information. Individual requests for financial support for school-based activities are considered by the Head teacher. Requests can be made via the school office. Important: To find out more information on whether you are eligible for Free School Meals, please click here
|Pupil premium Strategy Statement||07th Dec 2022||Download|